Statement of Faith
We believe that the Holy Bible as originally written was verbally inspired and the product of Spirit-controlled men, and therefore, has truth without any admixture of error for its matter. We believe the Bible to be the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinions, shall be tried. II Tim. 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:19-20.
We believe there is one, and only one living and true God, and infinite Spirit, the Maker and Supreme Ruler of heaven and earth; inexpressibly glorious in holiness, and worthy of all possible honor, confidence and love; that in unity of the Godhead there are three Persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost; equal in every Divine perfection, and executing distinct, but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.
John 14:16, 17; Matt. 28:19; Heb. 9:14; John 14:26; Luke 1:35.
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been supernaturally conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man. We believe in His bodily resurrection from the grave; His ascension to the right hand of God where He ever lives to make intercession for believers. Matt.1:23; John 1:1,2; Luke 1:35; John 1:14; Heb. 1:1-3; Titus 2:14; Isa. 7:14.
We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Divine Person, equal with God the Father and God the Son and of the same nature; that He convicts of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; that He bears witness to the truth of the Gospel in preaching and testimony; that He seals, endures, guides, teaches, witnesses, sanctifies and helps the believer, indwelling every true child of God. Gen. 1:1-3; John 1:33; 3:5,6; 16:8-11; Acts 5:30-32; 11:16; Eph. 1:13,14; Mark 1:8; Luke 24:49; Romans 8:14, 16, 26, 27.
FALL OF MAN
ATONEMENT FOR SIN
THE SECURITY OF THE SAINTS
1. UNIVERSAL CHURCH - We believe that the true Spiritual church is a New Testament organism. It began with Pentecost, after the ascension of Christ, and will be consummated at the coming of Christ in the Rapture. Eph. 3:2-6; I Thes. 4:13-18; Matt. 16:18; Eph. 1:22,23; Acts 1:8; 2:1,2; I Cor. 12:12-28.
2. LOCAL CHURCH - We believe that a local church is a congregation of immersed believers, associated by covenant of faith and fellowship of the Gospel observing the ordinances of Christ; that its officers are pastors and deacons whose qualifications and duties are clearly defined in the Scriptures. We believe that the true mission of the church is the faithful witnessing of Christ to all men as we have opportunity. We hold that the local church has the absolute right of self-government free from the interference of any hierarchy of individuals or organizations; that the one and only Superintendent is Christ. Acts 1:8; 2:41,42; 15:4-28; 20;7,28; I Cor. 11:2; Eph.1:22,23; 4:11; 5:23,24; I Tim. 3:15; Col. 1:8; Matt. 18:15-17.
1. THE SECOND ADVENT OF CHRIST - We believe in the personal, imminent, pretribulational and premillennial coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His redeemed ones, and in His return to earth after the tribulation with His saints to establish the Millennial Kingdom. I Thes. 4:13-18; II Thes. 1:6-12; Rev. 20:1.
2. THE JUDGEMENT SEAT OF CHRIST - We believe that every saved person will appear before the “Judgment Seat of Christ” to be judged by the Lord in regard to faithful service. I Cor. 3:11-15; II Cor. 5:10.
3. THE ETERNAL STATE - We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men; the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to eternal, everlasting punishment. Luke 16:19-26; Matt. 25-46; John 5:28,29; Phil. 1:23; II Cor. 5:8,10; Rev. 20:1-6; 20:12-15.
4. THE MILLENNIAL KINGDOM - We believe that the Millennial Kingdom will be on this earth and will be ruled from the throne of David. Luke 1:32; Acts 2:29,30; Isa. 9:6,7.
* This is an edited and abridged copy of our Statement of Faith. An unabridged copy is available upon request.